Ways to celebrate Mad Pride:
- Throw a mad people party, a pajama party, a full moon party…
- Let your inner crazy out for the day.
- Do something mad friendly at home, work, school, favourite
hang-out, places you go and spend time.
- Make mad gear – costumes, buttons, hats, t-shirts – then wear
- Organize a Mad Pride panel discussion.
- Orchestrate a DSM book shredding, defacing, editing, rewriting.
Try your hand at DSM paper mache, origami, pirate hats, paper
- Come out as mad.
- Create art.
- Put on a play.
- Make up a chant or anthem or slogan.
- Design a banner or flag. Send us pictures!
- Face paint, body paint, sidewalk chalk …
- Scream randomly in the streets “That’s a slur!” when people
use words like crazy, nuts, insane, or mental in negative (i.e., to
mean bad) ways.
- Curse, confront, blog, or flog someone when they use a mad slur.
- If you end up in jail or a psych ward, you could win a mad love
package of nuts, crackers, and bananas!
- Reclaim mad language – for a day or a lifetime.
- Date mad people. Have mad sex. Make lunatic babies (however you
- Download a list of
mad music and host a dance party.
- Howl at the moon.