How to support us:
- Help us tell people about Mad Pride Toronto 2013:
- Add us as a friend on Facebook
- Link to our website.
- Forward our poster/brochure (we can send you a blurb) to your friends, contacts, colleagues, communities, listservs.
- Print off and distribute posters and brochures.
- Celebrate Mad Pride wherever you are! (See some of our ideas here.)
- Come have fun at Mad Pride Toronto 2013!
Please email us if you’d like print copies of posters/brochures or know a group we should speak to more about Mad Pride Toronto 2013. Contact email@example.com.
Can you spare 2-3 hours during Mad Pride? Consider volunteering. Help make this Mad Pride the biggest and craziest yet! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to pull off our schedule of events, we require the community to pitch in and help! We are looking for people to take on specific roles/tasks for specific blocks of time. These include:
- vehicle loans (including cars, vans, trucks, wheelchair accessible vehicles)
- staff the information booth
- sell t-shirts
- hang up posters around the city
- hang up/take down event-specific signs to direct traffic
- note-takers for workshops
- attendant care – general
- attendant care – people who have previous attendant care experience/training
- ASL interpreters
- real-time captioning
- guides (help people get around, know where to go)
- friendly faces to welcome people
- run the technology (sound system, PowerPoint)
- prepare and serve food (filling water jugs, preparing snack plates)
- heavy lifters for set-up/tear down/moving tables and chairs
- marshals for the Bed Push Parade
Not available during Mad Pride week, but can help the week before? Can you help us write descriptions of visual art pieces or produce large print versions of documents? Email email@example.com.
Donations Madly Accepted
Agencies, allies, and friends! We can use your support too. DONATIONS for gas expenses, photocopying and printing services, and grocery cards for snacks are especially appreciated. Consider collecting loonies ($1) for Mad Pride at your office. (You know mad people are a fun, funny group, yes?) Don’t forget to post the event posters and let people know Mad Pride’s happening. Contact